Show elected officials how important opposing hate groups is to you by sharing why you signed the petition and asking for them to take action.
Write your own message, sharing why opposing hate groups interfering in Tennessee is important to you.
- Introduce yourself and let them know you're a Tennessee voter.
- Share why opposing hate groups matters to you and connect it to your values and faith.
- Ask your elected officials to adopt a "Hate has no home here" resolution opposing Alliance Defending Freedom from bringing their hateful agenda into our communities and state.
SAMPLE MESSAGE GUIDANCE (put in your own words!)
- Every child regardless of race, background, or zip code should be loved & live in a supportive family.
- But, the national group, Alliance Defending Freedom, is getting in the middle of Tennessee adoptions and they’ve now blocked a child from receiving two welcoming and loving parents, just because their Jewish faith.
- Whether we worship at a church, mosque, synagogue, or temple, America has no second-class faiths. All are equal under the U.S. Constitution.
- Throughout both the Old and New Testament, Scripture calls on Christians to care for widows and orphans. Punishing loving families who take this commandment seriously, and denying a child loving parents, is contrary to the values of our faith and desecrates the Word of God.
- It is also the kind of hate that should have no home in our community.
- We must speak in one voice condemning groups seeking to distort faith to justify an agenda that brings harm to our communities and contradicts the values of our faith.
- Ask: Will you do your part to prevent this anti-Semitic attack on family and freedom of religion from spreading further in Tennessee by adopting a "Hate Has No Home Here" resolution calling on Alliance Defending Freedom to stay out of our community with their hateful agenda?
Alliance Defending Freedom’s involvement in Tennessee-based adoption agency refuses to help couple because they're Jewish
Tennessee Rep. Mike Stewart asks Alliance Defending Freedom to disclose who is funding their anti-public school and anti-LGBTQ agenda in the 2022 state legislative session.